Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dolly!


On a lighter note, today was Dolly's eighth birthday.  Here she is posing, against the sun, I'm afraid - with a cat you have to just take your opportunities when they arise.

I hope she had a good day; I sang "Happy Birthday" to her, and she yawned partway through, in the usual way of cats. I didn't take it personally.

She enjoyed the sun on the front window for quite a while




We tend to fuss over her regularly, so I don't know if she could tell it was a special occasion by the extra attention.  I have to say I was really lamenting the unfortunate communications barrier between homo sapiens and felines. I wanted her to know it was her birthday, and we were celebrating it!




I gave her a drink of water in a cut-glass bowl - why not?  She's an equal member of this household.

She is The Dolly.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! I just showed Mike Dolly's pictures--He's a big cat lover. Dolly's always so clean and soft-looking. And yes, I'd love to know how much they understand. In any case, I'm sure Dolly knows you love her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh, if I had known we would have sent her a special gift from Texas - catnip, bluebonnets..oh something!
    Happy Birthday Dolly from your Texas fans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! She appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you gave her water in a cut glass bowl! Why not, indeed.

    ReplyDelete