Thursday, March 3, 2011

a mending day

Today I eschewed housework (well, not all of it) in favor of applying myself to some mending.

I re-zippered some pillow slips which have been hanging around too long.



With many zippers from a couple of ebay purchases, I rather enjoy putting colorful ones in these pillow slips. This one got entirely topstitched, but for the next one I tried to do it properly.



That's a little better. I think I'd like to try and make some of these - they're not cheap. How hard can they be to make?




Somebody had a nice nap in the sun here.

4 comments:

  1. Those looks so fresh and crisp, and Dolly so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, sometimes it seems like this is turning into a cat blog, but she's so cute, I can't help all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolly looks very comfortable. Will she get to use the new pillows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No! Those are for our bed pillows, and if she gets near those, my eyes start streaming in the night!

    ReplyDelete