Tuesday, December 21, 2010

little cloth gift bags

I got this idea from an old Victoria magazine, little cloth gift bags made by


putting the fabric wrong sides together, stitching on three sides and pinking the edges. Then adding ribbon handles, and tags made from Christmas cards.


They seem ideal for small gifts, and not much more trouble than wrapping.


Except that now I don't have enough checked fabric to lengthen my garland, which is what I was going to do with the rest of this - until I forgot all about it, and made these charming bags!
                                                                              
                                                                              
                                                                                      

9 comments:

  1. I love these bags! How did you attach the handles? I MUST make some =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just laid them on the outsides, over the stitching lines, and went back and forth over each one four times, to make sure it was secure. Far from perfect - I'm sure you could do better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple and lovely idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and very simple and I love that combo.
    Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you left the tails of the handles long enough to tie a tag on! very clever, and you've inspired me! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't, but that is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable. And, the Christmas Card gift tag idea is something I did last year. A big hit. I can't believe I forgot about doing that this year. Also, I liked the suggestion in the comment post about making them into book markers too --Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carmen, I saw another thing in Victoria that made me think of you. Little bitty vases or jars, each with one bloom or sprig in them. They each had a roughly cut strip of floral fabric tied round, and fastened with a rhinestone pin. Very glitzy looking, and festive.

    ReplyDelete