Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas tablecloth

I found this unspeakably charming thing on Etsy two years ago.


with reindeer,


and bells,


poinsettias,


and Santa's sleigh!

I paid $16.99 for it - and it came with eight napkins.  And I  was afraid to use it - so I didn't until last year, and I avoided everything with beef gravy or tomato.

But I'm not worried anymore, because I know about Biz. Santa and his reindeer can keep zippin' around the table without any trepidation on their part or mine, because stains are a thing of the past!
                                                                                
                                                                                 


                                                                              
                                                                         

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love that tablecloth! I remember the year you got it and I stopped in to see it on your table. Absolutely beautiful and the handwork...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Marc pointed out to me that the reindeer are exactly the same, the santas are exactly the same, etc. So, we think it was manufactured - and that is also amazing, because I don't know if I've ever seen anything in a store which had so much attention to charming detail such as this piece has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, some of it looks machine stitched, but some of it looks hand done, like the stems/greenery around the poinsettias. don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, that's true - but you're the one who knows about embroidery. Can machines do that sort of stitching?
    I don't know what to make of it. Except that I'm lucky to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, you are! it's a beautiful piece regardless of who or what did the stitching!

    ReplyDelete