Friday, September 17, 2010

work, or play?

"'...I wish you'd tidy things up,' said Aunt Jamesina plaintively, looking at the wilderness of trunks and suitcases by which the four laughing, chattering girls were surrounded. 'You can talk just as well later on. Work first and then play used to be my motto when I was a girl.'

'Oh, we've just reversed that in this generation, Aunty. Our motto is play your play and then dig in. You can do your work so much better if you've had a good bout of play first.'"



Anne of the Island,  by L. M. Montgomery

                    

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I think play then work is sadly my motto, I'm such a procrastinator it's unreal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote was the most memorable thing in the whole book for me. I just knew there was sense in it - I was getting to a point where I was too tired at the end of the day for any sewing or whatever. To do a little early in the day, or mid-day does more good than harm.

    As long as your mottoe is play then work, rather than play instead of work, what's the matter with that? :)

    ReplyDelete