Thursday, September 2, 2010

treasure in the basement

I remember this picnic basket.


We used to use it when I was a child. It's seen better days, but it's still good.

Inside -


I remember these!  Only three left.  There are a lot of these, though.


18 of them!   And some plates.



Quite a few of them, too.   Everything in excellent condition - that plastic they used to use in the '60s, (50s?), which is nothing like our plastic today.

I'd like to fix up this tired, old picnic basket - I'll have to see what I can come up with.

2 comments:

  1. They're in incredibly good condition - they could be brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my faithful commenter! Yes, it's amazing! I need to find a nice blanket to go with it, or a quilt. I did put in a pretty white sheet with green and blue stripes, and that will have to do for now. It makes me feel like I've done something about it right away! But I think I'd like to make some cutlery rolls out of napkins or dishtowels. I wonder why my mother had so many cups and plates? We never had that many people for picnics.

    ReplyDelete