Monday, August 16, 2010

a nice idea

I've been reading a lovely book, recommended to me by a co-worker, New England Year: a Journal of Vermont Farm Life by Muriel Follett. She and her husband had two children, and apparently when one had a birthday, they would get a small present for the other, too. 

There's something nice about that idea, although I'm not sure I can say why.

I was going to link to a photo of the book, but I can't find an image of it online!  Not on Google, not on Amazon.  I found the book on Alibris for .99, but no picture of it.  But I recommend it.  I think she was ahead of her time in having this published; if she were writing today, (this is from 1938), I imagine she'd be blogging, wouldn't she?  There are also very lovely woodcut illustrations in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment