Tuesday, August 31, 2010

the subject of treats

I was just re-reading Anna's blog (which I do regularly), and came across this post entitled "Treats".
She says the trick is to expand your definition of "treat". 

Like a mini-mini stay-cation.  You can always refresh yourself where you are. And you're a new person!
And the list of treats would never be exhausted - if you're able to stop and look around, willing and open to being recharged - something would present itself to you for sure.

Today when I came home from work, I enjoyed looking at the new Garnet Hill catalog. I tore out 2 or 3 things I'd like to copy, (if I can make the time). A tiered voile skirt, a big (suede, but it would look fine in corduroy) tote. 

These "treats" don't cost anything.  They don't take much time out of your work-day. Kind of like a power-nap. The shorter, almost the better, because if you linger too long, you might get lazy and drowsy.


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is a very sweet kitty, and she sleeps really cute, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete