Wednesday, July 21, 2010

finding a balance


  I have a fascination with the way other homemakers balance their days.
The balance of the different "parts" of work in the home. It's much like juggling, because I'm beginning to realize that it may not ever get finished, so you have to pick and choose what you're going to do today. And some women don't seem to feel rushed, while still accomplishing much. This is a great fascination to me!  Tasha Tudor was this way - she never hurried, but she had extensive gardens, sewed garments by hand, was a great cook (by all accounts), painted, and still took tea at 4pm.

  How do women do this?  I feel like I'm always trying to figure it out. Martha Stewart, on the other hand, does so many things, it almost seems impossible. I think I read someplace that she only needs 4 hours of sleep per night.  If that's so, perhaps it is possible. To her!  Still, it fascinates me, and I've learned a lot from her.  I think she has single-handedly helped to elevate the status of the homemaker in this society, which had fallen pretty low.

So, this is what I'm drawn to, and the theme of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment